Re: libguile.so.9 problem

From: J. David Blackstone
Subject: Re: libguile.so.9 problem
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:20:53 -0500

> address@hidden writes:
>> Hello all!
>>
>> After installing Lilypond 1.4.2 in Caldera eDesktop 2.4 I get this when I
> try
>> to run it:
>>
>> lilypond: error in loading shared libraries: libguile.so.9: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> Can someone inform me why this is?
>> I know that libguile.so.9.0.0 is in /usr/local/lib and there is a symbolic
>> link libguile.so.9
>>

> sorry for the delay, but are you sure that /usr/local/lib is in the
> library path? Check /etc/ld.so.conf and the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH

  Really, you shouldn't have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
/etc/ld.so.conf.  If you set LD_RUN_PATH during compilation (for
Solaris and Linux; other variables for other systems), and/or the -R
optionm then the executable will have the proper search path embedded
in it.

  Check out http://www.visi.com/~barr/ldpath.html and
http://www.dcs.warwick.ac.uk/user_guide/faq/ld_lib_path.html.

  I might submit a patch for this in the next few days, depending on
how much time I have.

jdb