gnu-regexp-users

Re: [Regexp] Possible non-conformance with Perl 5 in java distributionof

From: Cefn Hoile
Subject: Re: [Regexp] Possible non-conformance with Perl 5 in java distributionof gnu.regexp
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:13:52 +0100

I'm pretty sure I tried the code Wes suggested already, but I will check.

Sorry not to report the failure in more detail.

The specific failure is when gzip is bounded by two commas, (in other words backreference 2 should evaluate to a comma - assuming that the comma separated list was valid in the first place). Instead of the match being replaced by a comma, it is replaced by the empty string.

Basically the pattern is able to capture the gzip, as well as it's preceding and postceding comma, but the replacement ends up wrong. I can't get it to replace with a comma, as the perl script does.

Cefn
http://cefn.com