Re: chroot issues and http://tri-ceps.blogspot.com/2007/07/theory-of-fil

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: chroot issues and http://tri-ceps.blogspot.com/2007/07/theory-of-filesystem-relativity .html
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:48:49 -0400

       It would be useful to make a precise proposal to eliminate chroot as a
       mechanism and use sub-hurds to do the same job.  Then people could look
       for flaws in it and we could see if it really works.

    I'm not sure what such a proposal would look like, or how one would
    find flaws in it.

How would you build a sub-Hurd for real practical use, and
what sort of holes would be needed to make it work
in a case where you might have used chroot?