Re: What to call Parabola

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: What to call Parabola
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:31:30 +0100

hellekin writes:
> *** Indeed, the logo at gnu.org/s/guix states "Guix, the GNU System" and
> the page mentions "GSD", both terms were argued against by rms if I can
> read correctly and my memory spans more than a week.

The logo is a remnant from a time before the discussions.  The line "The
GNU System" has just been removed in the repository (but I don't know
when the website will be updated).

The page uses the abbreviation "GNU GSD" (not just "GSD") once after the
first occurrence of the full name "Guix System Distribution".

There are still somewhat vague references to "the GNU distribution" in
the manual, which probably will soon be updated as well.

~~ Ricardo