Re: Proposal to remove the off-topic, not free software related thoughtc

From: Alexander Vdolainen
Subject: Re: Proposal to remove the off-topic, not free software related thoughtcrime accusations from the Guix project pages on GNU.ORG websitew
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 22:29:14 +0300

Hi,
I'm nobody (yep, I'm using GNU Guile, GNU Emacs and GUIX and a lot of
other GNU projects (make, gcc, binutils etc ...), but I'm not a great
contributor yet). However those events are going to look like a decision
point to move on from GNU community sw.

btw, shortly I'm agreed with your position, for details I leave a
comments inline.

On 10/9/19 9:53 AM, Jean Louis wrote:
> From:
> Mr. Jean Louis
> Nagpur, India
> Day 3 of week 41 of 2019
>

> This is PROPOSAL TO REMOVE THE OFF-TOPIC and hatred biased generalized
> statements from GUIX distribution pages on the domain GNU.ORG where
> they are publishing defamatory harassment over RMS:
> https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/
IMO, gnu.org isn't such a place to do some personal wars.

> As those statements are factless, there is nothing that RMS ever said
> to oppose free software, and there are numerous facts of his good
> deeds for free software, for haven's sake he is the founder of the
> GNU Project and the Free Software Foundation, such wishy-washy
> statements have no place on GNU.ORG domain.
Agreed. And again it all looks like a personal war.

> Thus I am proposing to FSF, and any reader of this message to kindly
> ask those people to either provide facts, or to retract their
> statements from Guix and GNU pages.
How can I help with that ?

> I am asking FSF to enforce the policies of GNU Kind Communication
> Guidelines where by it says: "The only political positions that the
> GNU Project endorses are (1) that users should have control of their
> own computing (for instance, through free software) and (2) supporting
> basic human rights in computing."
>
> Those undersigners on the defamatory statement as published by Ludovic
> Courtès are not representing the community neither they have such
> authorizations. Statement is written by some amateur, that is not
> public relation, that is hatred. That is harassment and defamation.
>
> Additionally it is criminal act in France.
It's time to use a court ...

> I do not endorse separation in the movement, but that is obviously
> happening for reason of rumours and those undersigners not being able
> to distinguish between personal matters such as whatever personal
> viewpoints of RMS has outside of the FSF/GNU space, and the FSF/GNU
> space.
I suppose people acts like the pointed 'undersigners' should go away and
enjoy political shit they are proposing somewhere in twitter or ...
loony girl from salesforce will provide such place, I don't know. The
point is - it's all *not* about GNU, and gnu.org isn't a place for a
dummy war of social justice monkeys warriors.
GNU is a mostly technical organization built for those who are ready to
contribute (or use at least) to the free software, and that space
doesn't have enough room for hysterical monkeys following modern leftist
movement. Personally, I think that all this political shit over RMS is a
way to split a community and to get more points for this stupid movement.

> But if that is happening for reasons that some of those people lack
> the sense of differentiation, then let it be.
>
> But not on GNU pages! GNU project shall not have space for that. I do
> not mind if such discussion is happening on the mailing list, as then
> other people are able to answer and comment.
>
> But I do mind if it is happening on GUIX free system distribution
> which was hosted by kind deeds of RMS and other
> contributors. Defamation of RMS is taking place on RMS's domain
> GNU.ORG.
>
> I am sorry, this makes no sense to me, and never will.
For me too.

> It is like if one wish to kick his own mother in the stomach.
>
> I do not like hypocrisy.
>
> Let us clean GNU.ORG pages from personal opinions on RMS
> opinions.
>
> They do not even communicate with each other. There is no friendship
> or sense of community on such statement.
>
> GNU project was created to get a friendly community of hackers, please
> see GNU manifesto, and not to endorse separations.
Again, if someone is quite damaged about some political shit (but
personally I didn't find anything in RMS opinion) or social justice
thing he or she should go away, gnu is about technical things and there
are no place for alternatively mind-gifted people cares about ... about
nothing, but they own importance.

> What Ludovic Courtès is doing is exactly that, he is producing hatred,
> separation, making division in the friendly GNU free software
> community.
>
> Let me repeat, I do not mind what he is saying against RMS, but I do
> mind that GNU.ORG is platform for his personal opinions.
>
> Further his statement was never "collective" how it is called, it was
> his statement and he asked other people to "sign".
>
> My opinion on your signing of that defamatory, harassing, biased and
> fact-less statement is here:
> https://gnu.support/richard-stallman/Ludovic-Court%C3%A8s-Guix-is-accusing-Stallman-of-Thoughtcrime-on-his-own-domain-GNU-org.html
>
> I am entitling you to your opinion. I could not care less what people
> write about each other, whatever rumours or facts would be. I don't
> mind.
>
> But I do not approve on publishing that on GUIX website or GNU.ORG
> website. Neither I approve of publishing such statements without
> commenting possibility.
>
> That is why I am asking you to speak out your mind now. I will publish
> your opinion or lack of opinion. I will publish facts you provide me
> or lack of those facts.
>
> So far there is no fact that support their statements.
>
> Free speech is human right, and RMS has free speech rights, and why he
> shall be embarassed, defamed, harassed on his own domain?
Again, I'm agree with you here.

> Please FSF and whoever is responsible and acting, join in the quest to
> remove the off-topic politics from GNU.ORG website pages, so that we
> stick to promotion of free software, just as quoted from here:
> https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html
>
> "The only political positions that the GNU Project endorses are (1)
> that users should have control of their own computing (for instance,
> through free software) and (2) supporting basic human rights in
> computing."
>
> Let those few people NOT represent GNU project, as GNU project never
> harassed anybody in this manner, and let us not allow selected few of
> them to destroy those good feelings of community.
>
> Jean

PS sorry for my offensive english here.

--
Alexander Vdolainen,