Re: systemd replacement or standardization

From: František Kučera
Subject: Re: systemd replacement or standardization
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 23:24:46 +0200

Dne 14. 10. 19 v 23:12 address@hidden napsal(a):
Pardon for my ignorance but why not GNU Shepherd which is already developed to be the GNU init system and process supervisor? It is already used by GUIX.

My intention was not to invent another init system. I rather suggest:

a) Create some stable API / standard and persuade systemd to adopt it (this might be too optimistic), so application will not depend on a particular init system (like systemd) but rather on a well-defined standard (and any init system might implement this standard).

b) Improve existing init system (like GNU Shepherd), so they will offer same useful features like systemd (with much less complexity and with better architecture).

Franta