Re: systemd replacement or standardization

From: Alexander Vdolainen
Subject: Re: systemd replacement or standardization
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 00:32:25 +0300

On 10/15/19 12:12 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pardon for my ignorance but why not GNU Shepherd which is already
> developed to be the GNU init system and process supervisor? It is
> already used by GUIX.

The problem with it are follow:
 - there are no clear specification to work with
 - I'd love to use scheme language (GNU Guile), but it's not always
possible (embedded as example)
 - according to the last events I need to accept some political views I
wouldn't to

btw, init system used in guix is very nice from my point of view.

--
Alexander Vdolainen,
Evil contractor.