Re: (Really) Free Software future

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: (Really) Free Software future
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:49:24 +0530

* Alexander Vdolainen <address@hidden> [2019-10-16 07:26]:
> > Free Software should be community developed. There is no problem for
> > companies to contribute but they absolutely should not be the the driven
> > factor. Otherwise we have an hostile solution to forks like Systemd.
>
> I'm afraid, but in a wildlife most of the big opensource projects are
> supported by the companies. And that is might be ok.

If I may add what shall be already well known, "open source" is not
free software philosophy.

Philosophy of "open source" is quite different and was quite different
when the group started forming itself.

Pushing and promoting free software philosophy and user rights will
have and has way greater impact and is way more beneficial to society,
than pushing and promoting software alone in itself as open source is
doing.

Even using the term "open source" is not adequate, as then public get
misunderstood words, and never finds out what is free software
philosophy.

Jean