gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #13765] Convert static libraries to shared librar

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #13765] Convert static libraries to shared libraries
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 11:19:46 +0000 (UTC)

Update of task #13765 (project gnuastro):

        Percent Complete:                     50% => 100%
             Assigned to:                giordano => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #22:

All the existing functions in the libraries have now been documented in the
book and the documentation has been pushed
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=f3cb24fdb07b> to the
main repository. So I am marking this task as complete and would again like to
greatly thank Mosè for his hard work in re-naming all the exported Macros,
structures, types and functions into a unified naming convention.

Ofcourse, as I have tried to emphasize in several parts of the book, this is
just the first version of the libraries. They will undergo great evolution
during the next few releases. Interestingly enough, there are actually
practicaly no astronomical operations in them, all the interesting functions
are currently in the utilities, not in the libraries.

In time, we will bring them out into the libraries to make Gnuastro's
libraries much more useful. Until now the emphasis has been on building the
infra-structure. Now that a mostly robust structure is in place, it is really
easy to add new functions and headers for the libraries.

So I am now preparing a alpha-release and will release it by tonight.
Hopefully by next week (September 30th) we can make the second (version 0.2)
release. So please try it out and share your experience for a smooth 0.2
release ;-).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13765>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/