gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [sr #109221] ImageWarp 'align' does not align previousl

From: Lee Kelvin
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [sr #109221] ImageWarp 'align' does not align previously warped (rotated) images
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:58:02 +0000 (UTC)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

A FITS image which has been previously rotated via ImageWarp does not align
back to N/E = Y/-X as expected.

The three files attached to this report help illustrate this issue. The input
file 'input.fits' is a standard FITS image already aligned to N on the
positive Y axis and E on the negative X axis. I initially rotate the image 45
degrees using the command:

astimgwarp --rotate=45 input.fits

This produces the output file 'input_warped.fits', attached to this report. An
attempt is then made to re-align the image back to its original alignment
using the command:

astimgwarp --align input_warped.fits

This produces the output file 'input_warped_warped.fits', also attached to
this report. As can be seen, this output has not been re-aligned back to N/E =
Y/-X. I would expect this command to re-align the image, but no operation has
been performed.

Regards,
Lee Kelvin

File Attachments: