gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [sr #109223] Change default WCS formalism from PCi_j to

From: Lee Kelvin
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [sr #109223] Change default WCS formalism from PCi_j to CDi_j
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 14:36:42 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #2, sr #109223 (project gnuastro):

Thanks for your reply. I agree, manually converting from PC/CDELT to CD is
possible, but adds another layer of complexity that may break in the future.
This is therefore not an ideal solution long term.

I am curious how other software packages operate in this regard. For example,
the image warping and mosaicking package SWarp
(http://www.astromatic.net/software/swarp) written by Emmanuel Bertin produces
output files natively in the CD formalism. As far as I am aware, this package
also requires WCSLIB, and I don't think they use a converter to convert from
PC to CD after-the-fact.

Ideally, one would want to find a way to force WCSLIB to output WCS
information natively in the CD formalism, rather than add on a converter to
enforce this after-the-fact. If this is not possible, then this should remain
as a feature request for now.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109223>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/