gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [sr #109106] French translation of documents

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [sr #109106] French translation of documents
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:49:39 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, sr #109106 (project gnuastro):

Great! Thanks a lot Lucas.

There are just a few problems with the git repo, could you correct them so I
can cleanly merge it into master?

The main problem is this: you have merged your work into the master branch. As
fully described in the Forking tutorial
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Forking-tutorial.html>,
you should not do this. You should keep each contribution in a separate
branch, then let us know. The maintainer (currently me) will be in charge of
merging your work into the master branch of the main repo.

Since the history of your "french-top-update" branch involves multiple merges
with master, I have the following recommendation (it can be done in a
different way by playing with Git, but the easiest and cleanest is just to
re-create the fork):

1. Take the final "doc/gnuastro-top-fr.html" and keep it somewhere temporary
(outside your Gnuastro clone).

2. Delete your current local repository and on the webpage.

3. Recreate your fork (on your system and later on Gitlab) as described in the
Forking tutorial
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Forking-tutorial.html>.
In particular, keeping in mind that you should not merge the branch into
master.

4. Let us know with a comment here.

5. I will merge it into master and push it to the main repo and following the
instructions on the Forking tutorial
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Forking-tutorial.html>
you can pull the master branch and see it merged.

Could you also make sure that the commit message title (first line) is always
less than 60 characters and also add a longer description under it (with one
empty line in between). When you make a clean clone, run `git log' to see a
few of the last messages as an example.

Thanks again for this great contribution, and sorry for this trouble. In a
collaborative work, we need to follow a set of specific guidelines (as
described in the tutorial and in general in Contributing to Gnuastro
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Contributing-to-Gnuastro.html>)
so everyone can work as easily and smoothly as possible.

I really appreciate your help and look forward to merging it into master and
making the webpage available as soon as possible :-).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109106>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/