gnuastro-devel

[task #15317] Concatenate two or more tables

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15317] Concatenate two or more tables
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:22:22 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #32, task #15317 (project gnuastro):

Thanks, I gave it a try and looked at the code, it is almost ready to be
merged. But just now something occurred to me: when calling `gal_table_read',
you are giving it the correct file name, but not the correct HDU.

The `cp->hdu' is actually the HDU of the input file, not the file to be
concatenated. You should define a new option, maybe called `--catcolhdu'
(defined similar to the `--hdu' option (defined in
`lib/gnuastro-internal/commonopts.h'). and feed its string instead of
`cp->hdu'. This will enable users to have their desired concatenation table in
any extension they want. Also don't forget to document this new option also.

Finally, while you are making corrections to this code, please break down the
error message such that each line doesn't exceed 75 characters (the rest of
the function is good, don't let the lines of the error message get any longer
per line).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15317>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/