gnuastro-devel

[sr #110457] Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2021

From: Sachin Kumar Singh
Subject: [sr #110457] Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2021
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 02:07:50 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #7, sr #110457 (project gnuastro):

You should definitely apply, it's a great learning experience. This year, the
proposals don't need to have a full-on solution as the time limit is lesser
than in previous years. Also, the core parts of the project that you mentioned
are already implemented; we just need to bind them all together with a few
modifications if required.
As of now, you should look into how it is implemented and get a higher-level
understanding of it to write your proposal. It shouldn't take long.
For the lower-level part, you don't need to understand every program in GNU
Astro right now. I'd suggest focusing more on the matching part as it would be
more relevant. You can learn other required parts as you go along with the
project.
So don't stress out to learn everything. Understand the bare-bone basics to
start working and then you can learn the rest as you go along.
Cheers.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?110457>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/