gnuastro-devel

[task #15799] Add the autocomplete feature to gnuastro

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15799] Add the autocomplete feature to gnuastro
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 07:51:46 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #32, task #15799 (project gnuastro):

As a small progress report, I am happy to say that the TAB completion has
matured nicely and has already been fully implemented in 8 programs so far (12
more programs and scripts to go)!

The process of adding it to every program takes about an hour or two for me
(which is hard to find, given my busy schedule!), so to avoid delays in
testing, I have merged this branch into the 'master' branch (the latest
program was Fits in Commit b947f79228
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=b947f79228>).

Within the manual <http://akhlaghi.org/gnuastro.pdf>, a new "Shell TAB
completion" title (Section 4.1.3) has been added to Chapter 4 on "Common
program behavior". Also, the tutorial and general "for developers" description
of the process has been improved for the current implementation in Section
12.8.

I am now using it in my daily usage of Gnuastro (for the programs that have
it), and will try to find bugs and fix them. But it would be great if you
(whom ever is reading this message!) can also update your installed Gnuastro
and use it (I'm sure you'll love it!) and report any bugs or inconvenience you
may find!

The programs that have TAB completion are the ones with an
'astPROGNAME-complete.bash' in their source directory.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15799>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/