gnuastro-devel

[bug #61007] Crash due to CFITSIO 4.0.0 version format change

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #61007] Crash due to CFITSIO 4.0.0 version format change
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 15:26:01 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #61007 (project gnuastro):

Follow-up Comment #1:

Fortunately the bug was easy to reproduce and it has been fixed in Commit
1db6add7
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=1db6add7>.

Vincenzo and Zohreh, you can download the most recent tarball (that now
contains this bug fix) and its corresponding book from the links below:

https://akhlaghi.org/gnuastro.pdf
https://akhlaghi.org/gnuastro-latest.tar.lz

I guess more people may confront this bug as the package managers upgrade
their versions of CFITSIO, so hopefully I'll make a new release soon ;-).

But generally, many bugs have been found and fixed since version 0.15, you can
see the full list of new features and bug fixes in the links above within
Gnuastro's NEWS file
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/plain/NEWS>.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61007>

  Message sent via Savannah