gnuboot

Testers needed for GNU Boot 0.1 RC1.

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Testers needed for GNU Boot 0.1 RC1.
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 18:22:11 +0200

Hi,

GNU Boot has published its first release candidate, and we need help
for testing, at first from people who are able to recover from
computers that don't boot anymore.

This is because, while we have very minimal changes on top of the code
used by the last Libreboot release that didn't contain nonfree
software, we didn't test all the images ourselves yet, so there is still
risks of ending up with computers that don't boot anymore.

If the code works fine, we will most likely be able to release it as-is
but we (the current maintainers) still have a lot of work to do before
the release.

For instance we still need to integrate the code from the website, find
good ways to deploy it, make sure that the installation documentation
works (for instance by asking for help from testers and fixing it), etc.

As for accepting patches, we're not ready yet to do that yet, but we
plan to have that done for the first release, or before that depending
on how things work.

For reporting what images work, you can reply to this mail (or open a
bug report).

Denis.