gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] SPICE to gnucap transition

From: Scott Dattalo
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] SPICE to gnucap transition
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:48:09 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 20:28 -0400, al davis wrote:
> On Monday 19 March 2007 12:38, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> > So here's an offer:
> >
> > Show us how the SPICE inverter circuit needs to be modified
> > so that it can work with gnucap. You don't need to be too
> > elaborate here. The inverter netlist consists of only 5 lines
> > (and with gnucap it should only be 4 lines). Show us how to
> > sweep the input voltage and look at the drain-to-source
> > current of the transistors.
> >
> > If you can do this then I'll write a tutorial on how one can
> > convert simple SPICE circuits into gnucap circuits.
>
> ok...
> Actually, this example does expose a bug, and raises some other
> questions.

<big snip>

> How's this?

Outstanding! I'll study this example. Now that I know how to order the
statements I can turn my other examples into gnucap tutorials too.

Even if things change out from under my feet while you develop the plugin
stuff, I can at least learn gnucap well enough to actually use it now!
Furthermore, I suspect many of the usage paradigms to carry over into the
plugin model.

Thanks,
Scott