gnucap-devel

[Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2008-12-03

From: al davis
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2008-12-03
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:52:42 -0500

There is a new development snapshot available ...
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-12.tar.gz

Optional plugin files:
There are some changes, so get these too:
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-12-models-bsim.tar.gz
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-12-models-jspice3-2.5.tar.gz
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-12-models-ngspice17.tar.gz
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-12-models-spice3f5.tar.gz
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-12-tools.tar.gz

This file contains the md5sum of the other files, so you can
check for a proper download:
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2008-12-12.md5sum

This snapshot provides no real new features, just bug fixes and
general cleanup.  The 2008-10-10 snapshot was very buggy.

Among the improvements:

1.
Code redesign related to calling Spice model setup functions.
Several users reported "terminate called after throwing an
instance of 'Exception_Nothing_Wrong'"
What was wrong is a compiler problem that the exception didn't
get caught where it should, even though code was there.
I suspect that it had something to do with the mix of C and C++
code.

2. Remove the "unreachable" trap from some probes.

3. Fix errors and assert failures that happened sometimes on the
first time step with some Spice models.

===

As usual, to get started you need only the main package
gnucap-2008-xx-xx.tar.gz .

If you need other models or functions, let me know.