gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] (GSoC) Final evaluations : Update on plugin for gsche

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] (GSoC) Final evaluations : Update on plugin for gschem
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 11:14:28 -0400

On Wednesday 22 August 2012, address@hidden wrote:
> The final evaluation deadline is up. Update on the plugin:
> Get the source by
> git clone address@hidden:savvy2020/gnucap.git --branch
> lang_gschem or
> http://github.com/savvy2020/gnucap/zipball/lang_gschem

Thank you for your work.

It's not quite ready for a real release, but it's well along the
way.  I consider it to be a successful "summer of code".  Are
you planning to stick around to finish it?  Try another one next
year?  Even if not, I (or someone else) can pick it up from
here.  I understand (as a former professor) that during the
academic term, course studies must come first.

This project turned out to be harder than I expected.  I didn't
realize that it would be necessary to dig into the gEDA symbols
to do the job.  Savant learned that early, himself, and dug in.
Thank you.  We are well on the way to having this important
translation.

al.