gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] Problem with logic elements, patch proposal

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Problem with logic elements, patch proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 11:26:01 +0100

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 06:33:24PM +0000, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
> I confess that I don't yet understand how things work fully enough to
> understand this patch, so I thought I'd pull the gnucap-uf branch from
> the Frankfurt server you mentioned and try to apply it.

Hi Rupert.

indeed, the repo on tool contains a lot of experiments and cruft.
the patch i proposed is in the 'logic' branch, about 5 commits above
gnucap-uf (waiting to be cleaned up and merged). so there should be no
need for you to apply anything by hand.

> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to compile at the moment (the linker
> complains about new_adp_node as declared in u_modemap.h not
> existing). Is this the branch you're working from or should I be
> following a different one? I would try to work it out by trial and
> error
> but there are 57 branches to pick from!

use gitk --all or git --log --all, to get an idea about what the branches
mean. there is 'al', which contains the last snapshot, and there is
'gnucap-uf' which contains the parts that i need/use/want to keep.
(other branches are subject to rebase and deletion after merge -- dont
depend on them).

but: if gnucap-uf doesnt compile, something bad has happened. i couldn't
reproduce the linker error though. please send me a more complete log to
fix it (but let's do that off-list).

regards
felix