[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2013-04-23

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap development snapshot 2013-04-23
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:28:36 -0400
User-agent: KMail/1.13.5 (Linux/2.6.32-5-amd64; KDE/4.4.5; x86_64; ; )

More info for developers, especially Felix and Gennady ...

This snapshot mostly does not include other new work.  I wanted 
to get the split build version out, because this was blocking 
other progress.  The next step is to include your recent work.  
The fact that it is not included here does not mean I am 
rejecting it.

New work that can be distributed as plugins should be in 
separate tarballs  initially, like the BSIM models.  Then, after 
beating on it a while, what is mainstream and solid should be 
folded in.

Patches to core (lib and include directories) need to be folded 
in.  This is now a priority, so it would help me a lot if you 
could submit the core patches relative to this snapshot, so they 
can be included.

Now that it actually works with split build, it's time to change 
revision control systems.  It looks like "git" is the choice, 
but I invite other opinions.  I waited initially because 
rearranging the files is something that the revision control 
systems do not handle well.

This rearrangement was planned for a long time.  Even during 
2008-2009, I was working on it, but several times backed it out 
and distributed flat because of build and install issues.

It will be at, hopefully with a backup somewhere else.

I would like to set it up so experimental branches can be here 
too, and could use some help in doing that.

This was supposed to have happened long ago, but I ran into some 
personal issues that prevented getting any work done for much 
longer than I anticipated.  What I thought would be a few months 
turned out to be a few years.

This (split build) is also the biggest block to a stable 
release.  It could be 0.36, but the change since 0.35 is big 
enough that it just might be ready for a "1.0", and to come out 
of beta.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]