gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] CMake WIP

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] CMake WIP
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 01:58:25 -0400

On Saturday 27 July 2013, Kevin Zheng wrote:
> > Then build "modelgen", (gnucap-modelgen) an executable,
> > which  uses the library in "lib".
> >

> > Then build "main", an executable, the main program, which
> > also  uses "lib".
>
> Are both of these passed the same linker flags (-rdynamic)?
yes.

> Should readline and termcap be passed to both as well?
No.  They are used by ap_construct.cc only.  It is the
responsibility of ap_construct.cc to handle its own
dependencies.  USERS of it don't need to know.

> > Then build "apps", a library.  The ".cc" files are
> > plugins,  mostly each one independent, but here they are
> > combined for convenience.  The ".model" files are also
> > plugins, they use "modelgen" to convert to .cc files.  It
> > is important to use the modelgen and lib that you just
> > built, not one that might be installed.
>
> Okay, so first we take .model -> .cc, then compile all of the
> sources into one big library?

Yes.

I am debating the "one big library", but that is how it is now.
That library is explicitly loaded as a plugin, so it is NOT
specified as something to link to.

Look in the "Make2" files.