gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details

From: Abhinav singh
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 02:21:35 +0530

Hello,

>Why bother to transfer?  Why not use the WAVE directly?

What i understand related to wave object is this:

>.store tran v(1) v(2)   //store v(1) v(2) in storelist[mode=tran]
>.tran parameter        //after tran data get stored in wave object
>.store
tran v(1) v(2)
ac
.
.
>.store ac v(3)    //store v(3) in storelist[mode=ac]
>.ac parameter  // after ac sim. data get store in wave object but what
happened
                         to previously stored data in tran sim??
>.store
tran v(1) v(2)
ac v(3)
.

Though store command shows v(1) and v(2) are stored in list but it is of no
use because we can't find a wave associated with this nodes. Please correct
me if i am wrong.

If above is true then,after each simulation data gets changed and previous
data get deleted. So if we directly using the WAVE for plotting then how we
will be able to retain the previous transition plot as plot changes
dynamically with change in data.
Though i implemented it using WAVE directly and its working fine but again
it created the same problem we only able to view single window at a
time.Because to view previous plot we need data associated with it. I am
working on it and may be able to solve it by this weekend.

Mr. Felix as you asked how i hack that problem:
For that first i created a class for implementing multithreading then for
each new simulation type i dedicated a separate thread to run window
associated with them independently. Previously my main program is not
exiting due to gtk main loop which runs infinitely till the gtk application
is closed.Now after multithreading my main program exited while my
application keeps running and becomes the child process of gnucap main
loop. So either user have to close these windows or when gnucap main loop
exit they get destroyed automatically. But this implementation have some
bug and generates warning which can be ignored but not good as a user
perspective.

Thanks,
Abhinav