gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:25:47 -0400

On Wednesday 11 June 2014, Abhinav singh wrote:
> Though store command shows v(1) and v(2) are stored in list
> but it is of no use because we can't find a wave associated
> with this nodes. Please correct me if i am wrong.
>
> If above is true then,after each simulation data gets changed
> and previous data get deleted.

True.

It should be changed.

> So if we directly using the
> WAVE for plotting then how we will be able to retain the
> previous transition plot as plot changes dynamically with
> change in data.
> Though i implemented it using WAVE directly and its working
> fine but again it created the same problem we only able to
> view single window at a time.

It seems to me that a plot already displayed should stay
displayed, but you cannot do any more with it.

> Because to view previous plot
> we need data associated with it. I am working on it and may
> be able to solve it by this weekend.

Step back ....

Don't work around it.  Fix it where it needs to be fixed.

Don't rush into it.  Let's think about how it should be.

Spectre syntax gives a hint.  The first word on a command line
is a name that can be used later to access that data set, so you
can save them all and have a way to access it.

A simpler way is to save a tran set, an ac set, etc .. but that
would overwrite when you run the same command again.

Thoughts???