gnucap-devel

[Gnucap-devel] Need some clarification in dot-card and subckts

From: Rishabh Yadav
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] Need some clarification in dot-card and subckts
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:53:10 +0530

Hi,
I am little confused about subckts,CARD_LIST and DEV_DOT classes.
How can one store objects in subckts and later iterate through all those
stored objects?
As far as I understood begin() and end() public function from CARD class
are used for iterating through all the objects in the subckts.Am I correct?
Can a list of DEV_DOT(single command) objects be stored in subckts?
I also have one doubt:DEV_DOT which is a wrapper that makes a command to
look like a device stores a command as a string.So,if I use DEV_DOT to
store a command and later retrieve that command for execution from the
DEV_DOT object then I'll have only the name of the command not the CS
object which I originally received while storing the command and that means
I am storing a command after removing some crucial information associated
with it.
However,I can convert a string object to CS object to make it compatible
with functions like cmdproc() but storing command as a string might create
problems in certain cases like I faced while writing the "if" plugin.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Rishabh Yadav
Junior Undergraduate
Department of Electronics Engineering