gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] testing

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] testing
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:23:15 +0100

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:39:48AM -0500, al davis wrote:
> The name is not important at all, but the idea is to keep Make1
> away from autotools,

How can i keep Make1 away from autotools, if it is the input to
automake? (i am assuming here, that Make1 somehow corresponds to
Makefile.am). and why would one/you/i even want to do that?

> Just use it
> as is.  A while back I considered changing the name of Make1 to
> Makefile.am, but then ran into other issues.

sounds interesting. the autotools branch more or less does this. so
what are/were the issues? i cannot address issues that i don't know
about. remember that i still do not know a use case for the build
system you are outlining (except to build, which i believe autotools is
pretty good at).

thanks
felix