gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] plugin plans, -I

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] plugin plans, -I
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 17:39:04 +0100

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:07:21AM -0500, al davis wrote:
> but I do as much of that as I can with plugins, out of tree.

i'd be better off without 'variants' (and just plugins). just not there
yet.

> gnucap-uf is static linked, old pre-split configuration.

some plugins are compiled in mainly because of the s_dc output plugin
linkage problem. this blocks the switch to libgnucap.so and plugins.so
(this is really bad). i dont know how the output plugins are meant to
look like...

but not all plugins are compiled in. the architecture of -uf is still
the same, nevermind the file locations. the relevant parts have been
backported to the "autotools" branch. what i wrote about include
paths/variants etc. still applies there.

> Now, lib, main, modelgen, and plugins (apps directory) are
> considered separate, asynchronous.

same with "modules" in gnucap-uf, though most plugins are singled
out and part of extra packages.

cheers
felix

PS: i was wondering whether a symlink ${srcdir}/include/gnucap -> .
might reduce the headache of #include "gnucap/header.h". well, it feels
suboptimal, doesn't it?