gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] CMake

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] CMake
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:42:00 +0100

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 03:49:47PM +0100, Guilherme Brondani Torri wrote:
> I see. I was getting undefined symbols. I used the above to resolve
> the symbols.
> I guess the only alternatively is to tell explicitly that we are
> resolving symbols at runtime.

actually libgnucap_default_plugins.so should be
gnucap_default_plugins.so. it's not a library.
i have now fixed the naming in the autotools
branch (i withheld that fix for after the merge *sigh*). CMake should
adopt this fix, please consider 86831caa191857.

> See 26f3ecb in  (https://github.com/guitorri/gnucap/tree/fix-osx).
> There might be other solutions.

this (-rdynamic) looks good. i wonder why this needs to be done
manually. your commit seems to involve a typo.
"""
[..]/apps/CMakeLists.txt:85:
Parse error.  Expected "(", got newline with text "
".
"""

> Perhaps we need to set -rdynamic for Linux (if not set already).

probably. linux is just one platform. autotools/libtool figures out
flags automatically. i'm wondering if somebody might have implemented
this for CMake...

thank you.
felix