gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap-python

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] gnucap-python
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 15:25:20 +0200

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:26:06AM +0100, Felix Salfelder wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 12:27:02PM +0100, Patrick Mulder wrote:
> > gnucap> python loadplot.py
>
> can't find any loadplot.py. i assume that loadplot.py actually implements
> the "myplot" command.
>
> > ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import
>
> still don't understand. to me it seems that this exception is thrown
> before anything interesting happens.

Hi Patrick & all

digging a bit deeper, i could figure out some of the things that Henrik
tried to do.

I now have working example sessions using components and simulation
commands written in python. one other python script combines nlopt and
gnucap, implementing some basic parameter optimization.

The numpy related code, and the warnings are still in. i don't
understand what this was supposed to achieve. fancier stuff has to wait
for the output rewrite...

if anybody is interested: swig supports more than just python [1], it
would be fun to turn the package into gnucap-swig, with support for more
than one and then grow with swig.

best regards
felix

[1] http://www.swig.org/compat.html#SupportedLanguages