[open-cobol-list] Re: NIST Test Suite

From: David Essex
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Re: NIST Test Suite
Date: Sat Jun 15 11:41:04 2002

At 06:03 PM 15/06/02 +0900, Keisuke Nishida wrote:

> I have somehow arranged my NIST-test supporting tools for TinyCOBOL:
> Would you like it?

I ran some test with the OC NIST test suite from OC-0.9.6 and TC CVS version.

It seams to work OK.

Unfortunately there are some problems with the TC DISPLAY/ACCEPT syntax so
I could not complete the tests.

I think the OC NIST test suite could be used for all COBOL projects.

I would like to suggest that a shell script be added so the test suite can
be configured for each COBOL project (ex: setup.sh OC or TC or CG).

Also I would like to see the Makefile changed so only specific modules can
be tested (ex: make SM).

Other wise I would like that the NIST test suite be the first entry in the
COBOL utilities project.

David Essex