[open-cobol-list] cobol's Runtime for linux

From: Juan Fernando Gomez
Subject: [open-cobol-list] cobol's Runtime for linux
Date: Wed Jun 18 12:09:13 2003

Hello Listeros:

Today I come with another question.

Case:
        The countable program siigo, runs on cobol asi:

        # /R8/u/siigo00/Z020

        the routes is the one of less, the important thing is R8 that is the
run-Time
(what it takes to me to concuir that cobol is interpreted or something asi,
of step somebody that clarifies this to me)  and Z020 that is the application
done in cobol that is wanted to run.

The Cobol is proprietor and costs a money hell.  Bases:  I found with two
projects, opencobol and tinycobol, that is two compilers of cobol.

I do not have the sources of the program, that a want to run (and never I am
going them to have; -)  the unico that I have is a precompiled file that is
interpreted with cobol.

Question:

Somebody has proven these programs, sera that are "interpreters" like
rm-cobol?  as group of people my application with this?

Gratefulness:

Thanks!  -)

--

Cordialmente,