RE: [open-cobol-list] discussion: implemention of truncation COBOL-WORD

From: William M. Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] discussion: implemention of truncation COBOL-WORD to 30 (31) chars ?
Date: Tue Mar 30 17:47:04 2004

IBM issues (I think) the message

  IGYXX0025-E     Name "?" was invalid.  It was processed as "?".

Like Micro Focus, this is an ERROR message, not a warning (or informational)
message.  In my opinion, this should not be "accepted" in either STD, MF, or
IBM modes (i.e. like the Standard and MF and IBM it should issue an ERROR
message)