Re: [open-cobol-list] Status of Cobol

From: Gary Cowell
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Status of Cobol
Date: Wed Jun 9 01:02:02 2004

 --- Jim Morcombe <address@hidden> wrote: > I
assume from the lack of response to my last
> posting that Open Cobol is
> still a long way away from being a usable compiler.
>
> Jim morcombe

On the contrary, it works very well for many people
and as long as you accept it is a work in progress, I
think you might be pleasantly surprised.  I take it
you've not used the compiler then?  I suggest grabbing
the latest sources from CVS, compiling it up and
compiling some of your source with it. Also in CVS is
the todo list which might give you a clue as to the
status of your favourite features.