[open-cobol-list] line continuation problem

From: Guenter . Sandner
Subject: [open-cobol-list] line continuation problem
Date: Thu Feb 3 06:47:39 2005

Many thanks for the new release 0.31.

I am using opencobol on Debian Sarge.

Compiling the statement below, I get the error "invalid line continuation".

[code]
       01  INQSAV-V15P4S-STMT.
           02  FILLER                   PIC X(160) VALUE
           "SELECT MINQID, MCLAPRODID, MCLAID, MUSRID, MINQNAME, MINQDES
      -    "C, MINQSLIMIT, MINQUSER, MINQTS, MAAID, MINQSKIPF, MINQFAV F
      -    "ROM MINQ WHERE MCLAPRODID = :DX_V15V1_MC".
[/code]

When I cut the last column (=72), the statement compiled fine.

Guenter Sandner
SmartStream Technologies

SmartStream Technologies GmbH
Vienna Twin Tower, Wienerbergstrasse 11