[open-cobol-list] Handling of EBCDIC files

From: Andy Clark
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Handling of EBCDIC files
Date: Tue Jun 7 01:59:17 2005

Hi

I'm looking to use cobc to create code to read/edit/write EBCDIC files.

I notice from the Tasks page that handling of EBCDIC files is not yet
supported althought some work appears to have been done ("CODE-SET IS"
is supported by the parser and some code has been added to support
"code-page" conversion).

My question/s:

Is anyone actively working on EBCDIC file support?

Has anyone posted an intended solution (I've searched the archive to no avail)?

Andy.