[open-cobol-list] COPY of FD.

From: John R. Culleton
Subject: [open-cobol-list] COPY of FD.
Date: Wed Aug 3 12:48:10 2005

I tried a copy of an FD in the traditional way and got an error.
Here is the copyfile "menu.cpy":
----------------------------------
       FD  MENUFILE.
       01   MENU-REC.
            05 MENU-NAMIT PICTURE X(10).
            05 MENU-ITEMM PICTURE X(20).
            05 PROGRAM-NAME PICTURE X(10).

--and here is the calling statement:
        FD  MENU-FILE COPY "menu.cpy".

This should be valid COBOL-85 code. Did I miss something or is
something not implemented yet? Do I need a period after
MENU-FILE?

Please be gentle. I have been away for a decade or so.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: