Re: Fwd: Re: [open-cobol-list] OPEN OUTPUT Segemtation Fault

From: John R. Culleton
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [open-cobol-list] OPEN OUTPUT Segemtation Fault
Date: Thu Dec 1 07:36:08 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 09:18 am, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 07:43 am, John R. Culleton wrote:
> > Benjamin Kimpel is having trouble reaching the list directly
> > except in html format. Here is his inquiry as he stated it to me:
>
> <snip>
>
> At a quick glance, it seems to me that having both STOP RUN and
> EXIT in the some program is redundant. But I will load up his
> code and see what I can see on my system.
>
> John C.

the code compiled and executed without error on my system, after
I cleaned up a typo to change the last paragraph name to

       ERST-EXIT.

I also added 6 spaces to each line to make it conform to the
legacy layout that I use.

The file ARDBST and the index ARDBST.1 were created as expected.

Perhps there is an installation problem on his machine. I use
Linux.

John Culleton