[open-cobol-list] OC issues

From: Sergey Kashyrin
Subject: [open-cobol-list] OC issues
Date: Mon Jan 16 21:28:03 2006

Hi everybody,

Currenltly I'm trying to make a small project (8M+ lines) to work under OC
(amd64) :-)))
Small annoying issues (currently just one but I expect more to follow) :

The situation is that the very old dog has that construction:
01 XXX.
  05 AAA PIC X.
  02 BBB PIC Y.

Not exactly initially but as a result of playing with a copybook like
COPY C1
COPY C2 REPLACING ==01 == BY ==02 ==.
when they want to combine something in a woraking area or LINKAGE section :-(

As a matter of fact all Cobols that I know (but Tandem) are giving the WARINING
and working fine with that.

OC gives an ERROR and not producing the code.

I don't have a time right now to look into that but maybe will try later (it's
not that critical, not too many occurances).
Overall from 2800+ programs 350 didn't compile. Will look into all remaining
issues and inform.

Regards,
Sergey