RE: [open-cobol-list] OC issues

From: Bill Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] OC issues
Date: Tue Jan 17 10:18:09 2006

It sounds reasonable to include this in an extension (that gets flagged
when/if ANSI required flagging is in effect).

I haven't checked Micro Focus, but IBM does document this as a "valid"
extension at:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/igy3lr30/APPENDIX
1.1

"Specifying level numbers that are lower than other level numbers at the
same hierarchical level in a data   description entry. [Standard COBOL 85
requires that all  elementary or group items at the same level in the
hierarchy be assigned identical level numbers."

  ***

Just like providing FULL '85 Standard (and possibly '02 Standard) support
seems a reasonable goal, someone MAY want to track OC support for ALL of the
extensions documented in that appendix.