Re: [open-cobol-list] open cobol in the professional environment

From: Alain Lucari
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] open cobol in the professional environment
Date: Fri Mar 3 10:18:04 2006

Hello Matt,

Le Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:15:21 -0500
Matt Young <address@hidden> a écrit:

> I am writing a paper to try and get opencobol accepted as a an
> alternative to MF NetExpress at my college.  I was wondering if open
> cobol is known to be in use in any commercial environments as an
> alternative to Mainframe cobol.  If anyone knows of any opencobol
> migration success stories, they would be exceedingly helpful for my
> paper. - --

I only can write that I have, from about 3 years, about 600 cobol programs
for invoicing, stock, accounting, and so on ..., working for books shops,
editors and books warehouses, with O-C (0.23.19), PostgeSQL (with the
help of Rildo Pragana, the main developper of T-C), and a little of SQL,
"C" and Perl.
IMO and the customers, its works better than the previous ten years or more
working with M*F and C-Isam ...
 but perhaps I am myself better or less worse ^-)
In the previous years, this was working with only ONE PC and some ASCII
terminals and now with a LAN and about 12 PCs.

Regards,
--
Alain Lucari (Eurlix)