|Subject:||[open-cobol-list] Compiler modifications|
|Date:||Wed May 31 12:45:10 2006|
I successfully did the port of an application from MF to OC. Many thanks to all who contributed this great compiler.
I am using: “cobc -O2 -free -std=mf -ext=dat”
I encountered a few glitches:
1) This works on MF, but creates on OC an error: “Error: PERFORM statement not terminated by END-PERFORM”
01 TOTAL PIC 999 value 0.
01 I PIC 99.
PERFORM VARYING I FROM 1 BY 1 UNTIL I > 10
COMPUTE TOTAL = TOTAL + 1.
DISPLAY 'TOTAL=' TOTAL
If the dot at the end of the COMPUTE is removed, and END-PERFORM is added, everything works OK.
2) When doing a READ NEXT at EOF on an indexed file, we get an error 46 (read error) instead of an error 10 (EOF)
3) READ PREVIOUS is not implemented
4) OPEN I-O a non existing file makes ERROR 35, on MF, it creates an empty file.
5) “READ WITH LOCK” creates an error, it should create only a warning
6) “UNLOCK” creates an error, it should create a warning
7) Comments on MF can have a “*” in col 1-6
8) Error line numbers are usually wrong by a few lines
I modified the 0.33 compiler to implement 2) 3) 5) 6) 7)
I expect to add in the future automatic lock mode using
Is there a way to send back my mods so that they can be reviewed and incorporated?
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|