Re: [open-cobol-list] Migration posibility

From: John R. Culleton
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Migration posibility
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:47:15 -0500

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 15:43, digital fredy wrote:
> Hello, first say me if you not understand me (I speak spanish)
>
> I have a big aplication in RMcobol, it have screns whit colors using keys
> Fn cursors and more.
> is easy port it to opencobol?

RMCobol has its own methods for handling screens.  Tiny COBOL will allow you
to use colors and position fields on the screen through the use of the SCREEN
SECTION.  I believe the method is different from RMCobol. Open Cobol has not
yet advanced far enough to handle color on the screen or positioning on the
screen.

Tiny COBOL has examples of  screen handling programs that you can study.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting