Re: [open-cobol-list] Kate editor Cobol syntax xml file

From: boscagarda-programming
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Kate editor Cobol syntax xml file
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 10:16:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mr. Vince,

I am forwarding your msg to the open-cobol list as you sent it just directly to me. Your best bet, when you get something from the list, is to select reply all. Then just delete the individual addresses of the folks since if they are on the open-cobol-list they will get the email anyhow and that will insure they dont get two copies of the email.

Btw yall..the kate xml file that Mr. Bob sent works great at highlighting. However it doesnt provide automatic line numbers. In addition if I copy code from someplace else, kate seems to fill in tab marks or something. I can't really tell. But this makes it difficult for my code to compile. I am curious if there is a program (perhaps a terminal program) that can automatically add line numbers to a file..including replacing them? Or if there is an editor that will do so. I dont really need anything fancy right now.

As a side note i do have KOBOL and its editor and debugger. But I want to work with something a bit more open source.

Thank you kindly and best regards,
Joseph James Frantz

vince coen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Bob;
On Monday 09 April 2007 14:44, address@hidden wrote:

> Bob Willan wrote: I created a Cobol syntax
> highlighter xml file for Kate a while back, but so far as I can tell the
> maintainers still haven't bothered to include it with new versions of Kate
> (the KDE Editor). I've attached it as a gzip file to save space.
>
> To install it, just copy it to /usr/share/apps/katepart/syntax (on my
> Mandriva machine, at least, it might be somewhere else on Ubuntu). It
> will show up as a choice under 'Sources' in the tools/highlighting
> submenu.

I did not see your post to this list with the kate hi-lighter file. Can you
please repost.

I must also agree with Joseph that you can't seem to register onto the
Open-Cobol site. It just ignores you same with request to send a copy of
password despite saying that it has do so.

Vince.