[open-cobol-list] opencobol and COPY THRU syntax

From: Ian Moon
Subject: [open-cobol-list] opencobol and COPY THRU syntax
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:06:04 -0600

Hi... I'm pretty new to cobol. Basically I'm trying to get some legacy programs running with opencobol on linux from NCR System 3000 - NCR Cobol 85.
The first issue I've encountered is with the COPY instruction.

I could get the following instruction to work:
COPY FUN-LIB.

However I get compilation errors when trying to copy in a range of code:
COPY FUN-LIB, 025000 THRU 025999.
or
   COPY FUN-LIB, 025000 THROUGH 025999.

Is this supported? Is there another instruction or way to bring code
into a program from another file? I haven't been able to find a list of
supported instructions.

Thanks for you help

Ian