Re: [open-cobol-list] Using GMP by OpenCOBOL under cygwin

From: Gilles Crebassa
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Using GMP by OpenCOBOL under cygwin
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:35:51 +0100

Hi,

You must add --enable-shared --disable-static when you compiling GMP.

You can find some information @ http://crebassa.blogspot.com/

I hope that helpful for you
Gilles

2008/10/27 Jonathan Beit-Aharon <address@hidden>

Hi,
I'm trying to install Open COBOL on my PC, and running into an issue with the (required, minimum 4.2.1) GMP.
Installed the latest GMP library the usual way (configure; make; make install), and all seemed fine.
However, when I run configure for open-cobol, I get the following Ab-End error:

checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking gmp.h usability... yes
checking gmp.h presence... yes
checking for gmp.h... yes
checking for __gmp_randinit in -lgmp... no
configure: error: GMP 3 or later is required
$

I didn't see anything about this in the archives -- help anyone?
Thanks,
Jonathan

NOTICE from Ab Initio: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender, and make no further use, disclosure, or distribution. This email (including attachments) may contain information subject to confidentiality obligations, and sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege.