[open-cobol-list] How to ignore case in END PROGRAM statement?

From: Bill Klein
Subject: [open-cobol-list] How to ignore case in END PROGRAM statement?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 18:56:41 -0600

I asked this in the forum and haven't gotten any answers yet. So I thought I
would try the list as well.
  ***

I have found the compiler directives that handle "case folding" for COPY
members, but I am getting an error message when there is (only) case
differences between the PROGRAM-ID paragraph name (not in quotes) and the
END PROGRAM statement.

According to the Standard ('85 and '02), these are just "COBOL words" so
case should not be significant. Testing under Fujitsu, shows that (by
default) they ignore this.

Is there a directive already to ignore differences for this?

Minimal sample follows:

       Identification Division.
        Program-ID. PgmCase.
       Data Division.
       Procedure Division.
       Mainline.
           Display "Hello World"
           GoBack.
       End Program PGMCASe.

For Micro Focus users, there are 3 separate directives that deal with
"case". They are:
- Case
- FOLD-CALL-NAME
- FOLD-COPY-NAME

When "dialect(ans85)" is specified, then
- FOLDCALLNAME"UPPER"
- FOLDCOPYNAME"UPPER"
are turned on. (I don't see any change to CASE)