[open-cobol-list] line sequential and string.

From: John Culleton
Subject: [open-cobol-list] line sequential and string.
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:28:54 -0500

1. Does a line sequential record that is read in and is
shorter than the receiving record description retain its
EOL character or is it stripped off?

2. If it retains the EOL character how do I designate it in
Open Cobol?. I am working on a Linux system. I want to do
a STRING  placing a "}" after the last printable character
which means I need to use a DELIMITED BY EOL or however
it is designated in OC.

I can always fill with HIGH VALUES or something and test for
that but that seems a bit clumsy.

--
John Culleton
(who still thinks in COBOL 68)