Re: [open-cobol-list] GUI for compiler

From: Gilles Crebassa
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] GUI for compiler
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:57:54 +0200

Hi all,

Just for info, Eclipse have a plug-in for Cobol usage. (http://www.eclipse.org/cobol/)
Its also really easy to create a Editor (1) on cobol using Qt framework because :

- most of it use the syntax highlighter (Scintilla)
- plugin available or scripting
- linux/unix/windows compatibility
- the new Qt 4.5 is GPL free for commercial product.(2)

(1)
http://www.monkeystudio.org/
http://qdevelop.org/
http://www.edyuk.org/