[open-cobol-list] Chat

From: Aoirthoir An Broc
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Chat
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:44:44 -0400

We are now having greater numbers of folks idling in chat. Some of yens might be coming from here, others seem to be coming from mibbit itself. We are trying to move forward a LOT with OpenCobol and all of the libraries, Cobol Code contributions and other plans.

Of course we are in #add1.to chat on irc.mibbit.com (from the web: http://bit.ly/add1toChat ) practically all of the time now. So a lot of topics are covered throughout the day. If you're not there you're missing out on some interesting conversations.

But besides these we want to meet every week to get us all on the same page, with the same plans.

SOOOOOO I am seeking comments on when would be the best time for us to meet in regular meetings. Please respond via this forum or the email (preferably both to spur conversation) as to the best times personally for you. During the week? Evenings? Mornings? Weekends? Sundays?

(If you like, you can join our Cobol meetup at http://cobol.meetup.com/1 even if you do not live in the Cleveland area and respond to the poll here: http://cobol.meetup.com/1/polls/205324/ )

I will tally all of the requests and try to create flexible meetings so the most folks can attend.

Kind Regards.

--
Aoirthoir An Broc
http://www.add1.to

Date: Sundays
Time: 9:00am Eastern

::::::::NOTE IMPORTANT::::::::::
There has been some confusion as to the time. I believe this is because the United States uses Daylight Savings Time. On top of this the Government recently extended the dates that EDT (eastern daylight time) would run. So to be sure that you make it at 9am Eastern, I have this link:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179

That shows the time in New York City at the moment of viewing. It also explains the current UTC offset for the Eastern Zone in the United States. Simply compare the current time that site states, with your current time and you will know how far off we are from you.

We're there all of the time, even when we do not have a meeting. Stop on by for OpenCobol and Add 1 To Support and chat.